My Photo
Name:
Location: jasper, indiana

I'm a real tuff cookie with a long history of breaking hearts. Just kidding that's a Pat Benetar song.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

"Strong"

I really haven't written for so long, I guess I get all my opinions, funny remarks and sharing in all the other social media that's out there. I still can't handle twitter. I don't get when people are sharing what someone else wrote, or they are sending to a specific person. It's very confusing to this old bag. So I will stick to FB and Instagram....more this grandma's speed.
Already this summer is filling up with lots of activities and fun things to do. Yay! It is June. So I would like to focus on  my daughter, Brianne. Brianne Mary Mullally to be totally accurate. I love that name. To be honest, I didn't choose it. I felt it would be too complicated for teachers and people to pronounce. It wasnt really a common name back in 1979. Now I have met several young ladies Brianne's age or younger, with the same name , yet spelled differently. Which is cool. I like that now.
I like that people have their own spellings for their own names. Anything goes.
 Rob chose the name. It was from a contestant on the Match game. I know, random, but I love the story now. As Brianne grew up all the mispronunciations got corrected by "Just call me Bri."  That works too. Even the priest had a hard time at the baptism. He had never heard that name before. I just said its after St. Brian. So he really baptised her Brian, but then said "If there is no Saint for your baby's name, these babies are all saints today." which happens to be very progressive in the Catholic church. My mother had gotten slack for naming me Jill from a nun or two. Knowing Mac, she was gonna name me whatever she wanted. That's just how she was.

Brianne was our first and only girl. We made mistakes, we learned, we love our little girl. Its been such an honor to be part of her life,from the little energetic gymnast to the wonderful young mother she is today. Brianne means "strong woman". That has been a constant theme sung  throughout her life. Happy Birthday! You bring me joy every day.

BTW, I think there is no coincidence that both my children's names are characters in Game of Thrones.....enough said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home