My Photo
Name:
Location: jasper, indiana

I'm a real tuff cookie with a long history of breaking hearts. Just kidding that's a Pat Benetar song.

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Golden Globes

Well, I went to a Golden Globes party last night, Rob was on his way to Vegas, so we ladies got together. I need to understand that other people do not have the obsession of these awards shows like I do. I was okay with missing some of the red carpet interviews cause I figured I would check out the gowns during the show. We had a nice dinner, and wine. When the show started, I wanted to actually watch it. Do these ladies not understand. This is a big night for me. I could have been in my Jammie's and slippers all day watching the red carpet interviews.
Thank God I DVR'd the whole thing, even some of the red carpet, not the four hours that I would have watched had I not gone to to gathering. I know, this is not right. I could also watch all day marathon of Say Yes to the Dress, or David Tutera's show. Love him. So I think the Golden Globes of sorta more normal than those shows really.
Any who, I didn't get to watch the show the way I would have liked...the ladies were talking ALL the time and not about the clothes...
So today, I did exercise first thing , but I watched the GG's twice. Yes, I did. I thought Ricky Gervaris did a fine job. He wasn't as harsh as last year, or maybe we were all prepared for his humor. Any ways I love him, skinny or chubby he's so cute. Loved Brad Pitt and George Clooney. They are both movie stars that have humor and friendship. Sorta reminds me of the Rat Pack that were buddies back in our parent's days. Bri said it best, George Clooney is the most popular guy that everyone loves. He truly likes people and women love him and so do men.
I love Merril Streep. I love that she needs glasses to read and she doesn't have the plastic look that everyone has who is on a reality housewives show.
You know who drove me up the wall was Madonna. She is very self absorbed and her speech was too long and had too many I's in it. I loved her dress, and she has awesome biceps. I did like her quip to Ricky Gervais about not kissing a girl in public for a long time. Her whole thing about not wanting to be known for writing songs anymore and wanting to direct and blah,blah,blah. If you have to say it, then you aren't doing it.
Leonardo DiCaprio is fantastic. I just wish he would actually get an award. He is a fabulous actor. Maybe he is too good looking. You know, Paul Newman never won, until he was old. He was phenomenal.
Loved the Morgan Freeman Cecil B. D. award. Watched him on the electric company with my nieces, not sure if my kids watched that show. He is truly a great actor and I didn't realize how many films he had. Sidney P. awesome !!! What a gentleman. Loved all of that hoopla.
Golden Globes are fun cause they mix it up. Movies , TV, big win for Modern Family. Love, love love that show. On another note, Up All Night one of my favs, is featuring Megan Mullally....I know Shut up! can not wait. Okay so I am getting ADD on you. Think I will go watch the GG"s again. Just love this stuff. For sure I need to be at Bri's to watch the Emmy's, think she gets it like me.

2 Comments:

Blogger ventepaschere said...

2012 Toutes vos chaussures femme pas cher de marque sont sur la boutique de chaussure en ligne de chaussurespaschere.fr.

August 10, 2012  
Anonymous New Balance Sneakers said...


welcome to our shop.There has many product in my shop.The shop website is
New Balance Sneakers .

March 13, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home